1 - 100 :
Just use whatever you pick up
100 - 120 :
- Get Frozen set if you're a burning character (This set is BiS until Fafnir aka CRA)
- Get Armor/Weapons from Normal Zakum and training in Leafre
- Kill every Normal Root Abyss boss to unlock Chaos Root Abyss for Fafnir set (Must clear 10 times to unlock)
130 - 140 :
- Get Pensalir Armor/Weapons from training in Korean Folk Town or starforce maps in your range
- Get Face/Eye from Normal Zakum
- Get Pendant/Ring from Normal/Chaos Horntail carry
- Get Pendant from Normal Arkarium (DO NOT CRAFT DOMINATOR PENDANT. ONLY USE PENDANTS YOU LOOT.)
- Get Earrings from Normal Hilla or Normal/Chaos Horntail carry
- Get Badge from Normal Magnus carry
- Get Ring/Belt/Shoulder from Princess No prequests (DON'T LOSE KANNA'S TREASURE RING)
- Get Face/Pocket item from Normal/Chaos Pink Bean carry
- Get Weapon from Commerci Voyages & Merchant Trade Union as a placeholder if you can't get Fafnir yet
- Get Hat/Top/Bottom/Weapon from Chaos Root Abyss carry
- Get Cape from Hard Magnus carry as a placeholder
- Get Pet from Hard Hilla carry if you need one
You can do all of the weeklies on multiple characters.
- Start doing Dark World Tree and Scrapyard weeklies.
- Get Weapon/Shoulder from Dark World Tree : You get 12 stones per week. You need 140 stones from the weeklies and 7 drops from Normal/Hard Damien carry
- Get Gloves/Boots/Cape from Scrapyard : You get 12 stones per week. You need 120 stones from weeklies and 6 drops from Normal/Hard Lotus carry
- Get 3 of the event rings from whichever event is out right now. You're going to want any 3 out of these : Chaos Ring and Master SS Ring are top priority then get Synergy Ring (If you are willing to get it on 5 characters), Reboot Cosmos Ring, or Reboot Vengeful Ring
- These rings will help boost your damage early on and eventually be used as drop gear.
- It's gonna be tough starting out and getting these carries without a guild, so I suggest you join one. Try not to spam chat asking for carries and instead just meet the GP requirement for the guild to get carried through bosses.
- Gollux isn't here because it's very unlikely for you to get a carry after the recent changes.
Short Early Game Reboot Gearing Guide
Guide in 'General Guides' published by MajorDepress, May 20, 2020.
Hopefully this guide will pop up when anyone Googles how to gear as a new player in Reboot. I'm probably not gonna format this guide and make it look pretty.
Changelog5/19/2020 - Created
5/20/2020 - Changed Japanese weapon recommendation to Sweetwater weapon recommendation and added more info on Root Abyss