Heavily underrated games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Haren, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Haren

Haren Panlid
    Founder

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Xenoblade37
    Job:
    Xenon
    Server:
    Luna
    So I just made this post, in case anyone else has some games they feel are underrated, you can talk about them here.

So my underrated game is a game called Cross Code, it's basically an action MMO with pretty good combat, and some dungeons, similar to the legend of Zelda. Me talking about it won't do it justice enough, if you enjoy action based RPGs, I'd suggest you check it out, as its a really fun game with great visuals and a pretty good soundtrack. I'd post a link to a video but I'm not sure the rules allow that.

If you know any games which you feel are greatly underappreciated, feel free to talk about them below.

2. Josrev

Josrev Panlid
    Founder

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Skarnio
    Job:
    Battle Mage
    Server:
    Luna
    Age of Empires 2: HD man, it's a really good game that even after almost 20 years of the original release never gets old.

can't wait to be on vacation and play 2hrs matches against chinese people that totally destroy my village in 10 mins

3. Saught

Saught Angry Space-Pirate Chicken
    Administrator

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Shove
    Job:
    Buccaneer
    Server:
    Reboot
    The Dark Cloud series.
    DC2 is my favorite game of all time. The atmosphere of that game is so quaint and cozy and the cel-shading art style and catchy fantasy music really helps emphasize that, even though it's a dungeon crawling RPG. The series has elements of city-building, collectathon (taking pictures, recruiting NPCs, monster forms), crafting (combining pictures for ideas to craft items w/ materials, upgrading equipment), procedural-generated dungeon crawling (different additional achievement tiers such as clearing whole dungeon, special task, time limits), and a bunch of other little things like fishing, aquarium management (breeding and fish fighting), and spheda (golfing in dungeons). Really all around it's fantastic, I rarely see the series mentioned because it's like 15+ years old now.

4. James

James Panlid
    Founder

Best Answers:
    Server:
    Reboot
    Watch Dogs 2. It's new and the sequel to a game infamous for how unsatisfactory it was. I never played the first, but I love the second. The world is lively & colorful, characters are somewhat cringeworthy yet lovable, the story is... alright. The gameplay is really fun, though. It apparently did well enough to get a third, however the stigma of the series made its success very quiet and unknown.

If you can handle how corny it is, it's a great game. Just be prepared for non-stop l33t h4ck3r jokes.

5. privateereck

privateereck Panlid
    Founder

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    OldSnake
    Job:
    Buccaneer
    Server:
    Scania
    The first one was over hyped and misleading. Ubisoft just gave it a bad taste to me, and I ended up not getting WD2, even if it's "better." That's probably a reason why people didn't buy it.

But to pitch in on the underrated games, it would be Metal Gear Solid Series Sniper Elite 1.

You play as a Sniper in WW2 that required patience and stealth to survive the long campaign of 28 missions. In today's time it's considered average gameplay and outdated graphics from the ps2 era. The main feature of the game series is the bullet cam, which was increased to X-Ray shots past the first game.

I can also say Cold Fear, a survival horror that was overshadowed by Resident Evil 4 to the point where people assumed it was a cash grab title. Both games have their differences, but it was still pretty scary game.

6. Zelkova

Zelkova Moses Pl0x
    Administrator

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Veigar
    Job:
    F/P Mage
    Server:
    Reboot
    Um, I have a couple.

.hack is my all time favorite and it's not very well known in the states. I love it to death and nowadays people would just call it a SAO clone or some shit despite it predating it.

I've found some really good jrpg's way back in the day. One of my more favorite ones (that nobody knows of) would be Brave Story New Traveler. The combat system is fun and the game itself has a good story. It's only on the PSP and lucky PPSSPP has updated to a point where it plays well on it.

7. Zelly

Zelly Panlid

Best Answers:
    Job:
    Shade
    Server:
    GRAZED
    Also would 2nd .Hack though to be completely honest I still need to finish the first four games. They didn't age as well as G.U. and I keep getting sidetracked. The first four games you will likely have to play by pirating or somehow finding used copies because untouched copies of the game are pretty much collectibles at this point easily ranging to $100 for a honestly dated game. .Hack//G.U. though just recently got a remake call Last Recode which can be found on Steam that pretty much put all three original disks into a single game and even added a fourth disk exclusive to the remake. Last Recode also have a bonus area where you can get a recap of what happened with the first four .Hack game disks though honestly G.U. is pretty much a standalone story just sharing the same setting, you don't need to even watch those to enjoy the game as it is. I still haven't gotten around to the 4th disk of Last Recode personally as I am taking my time with it and just enjoying it at my own pace being a completionist.