Hello

Discussion in 'Maple Island' started by Snizz, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Snizz

Snizz Panlid

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Popify
    Job:
    Night Lord
    Server:
    Reboot
    Introductions always feel so weird to write.

First, major props to the site name. That word alone brought me way back.

Joined Maplestory pre-BB after hanging out with the older kids in my neighborhood who had iTCG cards. I thought the monsters were super cool and I wanted to play. The eldest one there gave me a random card so I could remember the name of the game. Thus beginning my adventure.

I remember being unable to find the Thieves Hideout and giving up then making a Spearman. Later on realizing where it was I made a Bandit because I could not figure out how to get more throwing stars. Either way it was a struggle learning the game. I was in like 4th grade and my next door neighbor and I would use walkie-talkies to wake each other up to play together. It was a marvelous time not knowing what the hell we were doing.

Died a few too many times. Grinded a bit too much. The usual.

Thanks for creating this site, it already feels like the players here are more invested in the game than previous sites.
    I look forward to interacting with you all.

2. Dianette

Dianette STR Mage

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Dianette
    Job:
    Paladin
    Server:
    Scania
    It will take some time for the site to grow, but I'm glad we already have enthusiastic members like you!

3. Saught

Saught Angry Space-Pirate Chicken
    Administrator

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Shove
    Job:
    Buccaneer
    Server:
    Reboot
    No better time for an introduction than the inception of the site. Welcome!

We had a lot of names thrown around for what we would be called, but I pushed really hard for Dexless. Some of the others were okay, but nothing sounded as great as Dexless did, at least to me. It's a really nostalgic term for MapleStory while at the same time very generic; Dexterity is a common word among a lot of games.

4. Vector

Vector Witchhunter
    Founder

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    VectorXero
    Job:
    Wind Archer
    Server:
    Reboot
    Welcome to Dexless, Snizz! People may frown upon nostalgia but it's stories like yours that make me smile and remember the good ol' days.

A lot of us are active players, invested in the game, and committed to providing the community with both quality content and a positive experience. We look forward to having you around as well!

:habbyspirit: