Answered I'm A Reboot Noob, Help Me!

Discussion in 'Help & Suggestions' started by Zelkova, Feb 7, 2018.

Vector
Best Answer Vector, Feb 7, 2018
Just gonna add on to Fill's reply, which is already comprehensive. Like he said, Mysterious Path 3 is your best bet. It currently offers higher rates... Go to Full Post
  1. Zelkova

Zelkova Moses Pl0x
    Administrator

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Veigar
    Job:
    F/P Mage
    Server:
    Reboot
    So despite being like a community leader person (whatever I am), I kind of quit playing MS for about 2 years.

I'm picking up Reboot but am having some trouble getting "funded". I need to farm meso to get cubes to farm meso better. Yeah. I'm sure this is not news to any active player.

My question is how can I better farm meso in Reboot?

My current setup is:

- Level 150 Kanna at Byebye.
    - Leprechaun familiar
    - Epic "8% Meso Obtain" inner ability

Also, what pieces of gear can you cube for meso obtain? Is it only accessories?

How can I obtain more Epic Potential scrolls? I'm currently doing my Yu Garden dailies on my Kanna so I can get that meso obtain gear faster.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #1591 by Vector, Feb 7, 2018
  3. Fill

Fill Newb
    Founder

Best Answers:
    Server:
    Reboot
    You're pretty much set to start farming.

Only accessories are able to get that potential line. The easiest ones to get if you have the carries for it are earring/pendant/ring from chaos horntail and zak eye/face (you could do nht pendent as well but then you're stuck buying an extra pendant slot forever if you use it with the one from cht).

I prefer mp3 over byebye. Set kishin on top, tele between mid and bot plats spamming demon fury and spirit corral. When you want to loot top, set kishin on bottom before moving up. Rinse repeat to movies/tv shows/music. When you're just starting out you should spend all your earnings after every session trying to cube a piece of meso gear since that'll increase the speed at which you get to cube another piece until you're done and ready to start funding your main.

Doing your yu garden dailies is your best source of epots starting out since you can get 6/week doing them.

Zelkova likes this.
  4. Vector

Vector Witchhunter
    Founder

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    VectorXero
    Job:
    Wind Archer
    Server:
    Reboot
    Just gonna add on to Fill's reply, which is already comprehensive.

Like he said, Mysterious Path 3 is your best bet. It currently offers higher rates than Longest Ride on ByeBye Station with a 150 Kanna (about 400m/hr vs 300m/hr with 120% meso). Another alternative is Ghost Ship 2 also at around 300m/hr. The advantage of ByeBye is it's an instanced mini dungeon, so you can find a spot easily during 2x if other maps are taken. You can also farm MP3/GS2 at a higher level than ByeBye; just remember to kill your character so it stays within level range.

Leprechaun familiar is fine for meso farming. I personally preferred Big Spider for the additional drop rate to obtain nebulites, but since you just need mesos right now you should stick with Leprechaun. There's also the Eye of Time which can stay out longer, but is much rarer to obtain.

Fill's advice for accessories is spot on. Keep in mind there's a 100% mesos obtained cap from potentials. Do one at a time after each session in case you get to legendary and find the 20% mesos obtained line (or even 2-3 lines if you're super lucky). Regarding cubes, I suggest using Master Craftsman Cubes (7.5m in pot shops like Henesys) to unique, then Red Cubes (12m in Cash Shop) until you find the meso line. There are debates, datamining, and random statistics regarding which cubes are the most cost efficient, but in the end it's just rng/superstition so I'm sticking with my suggestion to just cube with what you can afford.

Your 8% meso Inner Ability is tricky; I wish it was 10% but it's not a huge deal. You can get a +12% meso gain by finding the legendary line, but it's probably more efficient to leave it and work on accessories. Save up honor while meso farming, prioritize your accessories, and once those are finished you can perfect the IA. Getting the 20% meso IA is typically cheaper than cubing accessories because you should roll to unique using honor, then tier up to legendary with Miracle Circulators (19m in cash shop). You could yolo to legendary with honor, but I suggest using the Miracle Circulators because they don't drop tiers and you usually get to legendary within 10 attempts. Usually. After that keep using the circulators to find the 20% meso line (Miracle Circs guarantee the highest 1st line).

As Fill said, Yu Garden dailies are the best source of 50% Epic Potential scrolls in Reboot. You can also obtain them from elite boss bonus rewards and the legion coin shop, but those are much less efficient (eboss is rng and legion coins are better spent on other things like meso buffs). If there is an event going on with a coin shop, there's usually a 10-pack of epots that might be worth considering if you're in dire need of them and there are no other Best-in-Slot priorities. But really just stay on top of your Yu Garden dailies. To save time, skip the tedious ones so you can meso farm more.

My final advice is to just hang in there. You have to start somewhere. Meso farming is very tedious and unrewarding at first. Cubing can be frustrating and rates will be slow. But once you start getting those meso lines, you'll see how quickly you can make mesos to progress your main. Ultimately you can get meso gear on your main and farm the hell out of Arcane River.

:mesoburn:

Best Answer
    Zelkova likes this.