KMS MapleStory Live (May 2) Summary

Discussion in 'KMS Updates' started by Orange Mushroom, May 2, 2023.

1. Orange Mushroom

Best Answers:
    Hey guys! I’m finally back from my vacation! I was in Japan for a couple weeks then Korea for a little less than a week. It was an amazing trip for many reasons, including being able to go to MapleStory Fan Fest (with Steve and Neo)! I am definitely going to be making a huge post about that, as well as the Nexon Computer Museum in Jeju Island, but first, I’d like to give a huge thanks to Kobe, Sunny, and Steve who helped out with the patch notes while I was gone. They did a great job and I’m really glad I don’t have to go back and work on those now haha.

Anyways, today, MapleStory’s general director Kang Wongki started a live stream and he talked about both the Fan Fest (Steve was in it!) as well as game changes that will be coming up. He mentioned that some of them were supposed to be implemented in the summer patch but they’ll be pulling them forward to the patch coming up in a couple of weeks!

MapleStory Live Summary

There was a disclaimer that these points are all subject to change.

• Information related to getting tickets for the summer’s New Age update showcase will be released on May 9.
    • The meso cost for upgrading Symbols will be decreased in May.
      • For Arcane Symbols, they are thinking about a 60% discount (the higher the Symbol level, the lower the discount).
      • For Authentic Symbols, they are thinking about a 25-30% discount for Cernium, 25% for Arcs, and 20% for Odium.
    • They will be adding tradeable Symbol drops from monsters.
      • The drop rate will not be very high.
      • In Reboot World, these drops will be untradeable (to differentiate the experience between regular worlds and Reboot).
      • They are meant to make it easier to catch up on Symbol levels.
      • In Arcane River areas, the Symbols will be dropped as Selective Vouchers.
      • In Grandis areas, the Symbols will be dropped in Cernium and Arcs, but not Odium.
      • There are currently no plans for an Authentic Catalyst. However, he said it might not be that long before they do add it.
    • They will be making Pitched Boss accessories, Boss accessories, and Guardian Angel Ring tradeable. These changes are currently being reviewed, they might be added in May or in parts until the Summer update.
      • For Pitched Boss set, for all items except for the heart/badge/pocket/emblem, you will be able to use Platinum Karma Scissors to trade them after being equipped. They will have a scissor limit of 5.
      • For Boss Accessory set, for all items except for the shoulder/badge/pocket, you will be able to use Platinum Karma Scissors to trade them after being equipped. For the shoulder item (Royal Black Metal Shoulder), you will be able to use Silver Karma Scissors to trade them after being equipped. They will have a scissor limit of 10.
      • In addition to the Silver Blossom Ring, for the Noble Ifia Ring and Guardian Angel Ring, you will be able to use Platinum Karma Scissors to trade them after being equipped. They will have a scissor limit of 10.
    • In Reboot World, the 5% minimum damage contribution in bosses for drops will not be changed. However, they will be adding a visual icon to display if you have reached that contribution or not.

Source: Orange Mushroom's Blog