Beast Tamer the birb tamer challenge

Discussion in 'Magician Discussion' started by Jushi, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Jushi

Jushi Panlid
    Founder

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Jushiro
    Job:
    F/P Mage
    Server:
    MYBCKN
    Hey guy imma level beast tamer only birb mode after the level it unlocks. How long you think it take to get 250 no links no scrolls no pots?

:bwak:

2. Garou

Garou Newb
    Founder

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Garou
    Job:
    F/P Mage
    Server:
    Reboot
    You're more likely to kill yourself before even reaching Lv120 to be honest.
    "Forced to play a bird-only Beast Tamer" is probably a punishment in some lower circle of hell.

Maurii likes this.
  3. Zelkova

Zelkova Moses Pl0x
    Administrator

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Veigar
    Job:
    F/P Mage
    Server:
    Reboot
    When I last played BT, I think I avoided bird form the entire time. I wish they would rework BT honestly.

4. dango

dango Panlid
    Founder

Best Answers:
    I think the shortest time a KMS player was able to get their character to level 250 was 4months, so I have no doubt in my mind you will be able to do it as fast as them (provided you train hard and are full of hard work and dedication).

5. MsNyara

MsNyara Panlid
    Founder

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    MsNyara
    Job:
    Bishop
    Server:
    Reboot
    #5 MsNyara, Nov 5, 2017 at 9:09 AM
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    Well, bird mode is not that bad if you're so loaded in cash and funds to being able to kill mobs a rather quickly, since bird mode is super comfortable to move around, mob and boss around since the skill designs are OKish for all that. The only problem is the awful base damage, so yeah, you need to be loaded in damage to make up for that.

I'd also suggest training in places with low-HP and low-level mobs: be it non-KMS maps sometimes, Stone Colossus, Kerning Tower and Omega Sector. Be it later Vanishing Road with Raging/Sad Erdas and some arcane force to pack it up and your endgame place would end up likely being Slurpy Forest up to 250: with enough arcane force (and frenzy totem) you should be able to train at a minimally tolerable pace I think.

If you aim for the same end and you're largely unfunded like you're pointing out, just shoot yourself (though to be honest, you also gotta pull the trigger with any class if the aim is 250 and without pots and stuff).

6. Orange

Orange Panlid

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    OrangePlanes
    Job:
    Jett
    Server:
    Reboot
    I tried doing Bird Tamer challenge in early Reboot. I got a Jett to level 200 and had no problems, but when it was time for Bird Tamer, it was the worst thing I've ever seen. I got mine to level 77 before I gave up on the challenge.

Should be fine in regular servers though, mob HP is way lower.

How long to take based on what you said? Well, you never said leeching wasn't allowed or out of the question, so leeching to 250 should take like a few months in Reboot. I don't know how that scales over into regular servers, but 3x longer?

7. Incorrigible

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Alchias
    Job:
    Kaiser
    Server:
    Windia
    Sounds awful. I tried birb tamer on my way to 120 and wanted to cry without links and good gear.

8. monkaS

monkaS Panlid

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    TerrBear
    Job:
    Bow Master
    Server:
    Reboot
    bird is just a bad meme tbh, you will prob kys before you get half way

9. Zerovii

Zerovii Panlid

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Zerovii502
    Job:
    Marksman
    Server:
    Reboot
    I tried it today, I got about 10 mobs in.

Is the gimmick that you need dex or something instead of int? like the damage is straight crap and one of the passives/buffs increases dex for some reason.

also birb mode acceleration is abysmal, it takes a solid 3 seconds before you really start moving in it. I could push my car faster than birb flight actually moves. Not to mention the mode has no lines and the only perk is you get a tornado hurricane move like bear that can move but sucks damage wise.