What's Your MapleStory? - Dorky

Discussion in 'Maple Updates' started by Nexon, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Nexon

Nexon Nexon News Bot

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

MapleStory is a constantly evolving game, full of heroes, villains, and everything in between. But none of them are as important to us as you, our players who make Maple World what it is! The history of MapleStory is a long and winding one, but now we'd like to turn the attention to you, and hear more about your own journeys that you've taken as MapleStory has grown over the years. The question we'd like to ask you all is: What's Your MapleStory? If you'd like to submit your story, you can do so via this form.

For today's edition of What's Your MapleStory, we spoke to Dorky, who shares their passion for making plushies!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    When did you start playing MapleStory?

I started playing MapleStory in 2008 when my older brother introduced me to the game. I remember having to use the dice roll for setting my Stat points and the little tutorial stage in the noob outfit while spending over an hour just to get to level 10. Back then, I knew nothing about the knowledge of Stat balance, and so my first ever character had high DEX and LUK. This would have been great for a Thief class, but I ended up playing a Magician.

Fast forward a bit to 2018 where I began to main Luminous until now my current main Pathfinder in the Bera server. Throughout playing MapleStory I was interested in the cute monster designs to which I made little plushies of Pink Bean and other monsters which I have gradually gotten better at as the days go by. When I made a reverse version of Pink Bean and Black Bean was when I realized that I can do so much more. That was when I started to invest in an embroidery machine where I made all kinds of MapleStory monsters, from the classic Slime to the Orange Mushroom, Yeti and even the newer monsters like Rock Spirits and Oceanleli. Even starting in late 2020, I started making people's favorite NPCs or their own in-game characters, which allowed me to meet more people that have the same interest in the game as me.

[​IMG]

What is your favorite memory while playing MapleStory?

I knew back in the day people would always spawn Balrogs and Trojan Horses on the ship in Lith Harbor. However, for me not knowing any better, I got too scared to go into the Ellinia Potion Shop. This was because someone spawned Barnard Gray, which obviously one-shot me back in the day being in the low Lv. 10s. Other memories I recall were training in Pig Beach while also being very cautious of the Iron Boar by jumping back and forth on the rope and doing Amoria Beauty or Beast where I dread the outcome of what hair I might end up getting (especially the Stella hair).

[​IMG]

What do you enjoy about playing MapleStory today?

MapleStory has always been a social aspect to me and that’s why I enjoy talking to my friends and guildies. I also enjoy the community aspect of contests, which I can do from time to time, as a change of pace from doing dailies and events. Another thing I admire is the characters and monsters, to the point that I would turn them into plushies for both my own interests and those who also have the same interest whether, it’s their own character, NPC, or monster.

Any advice to our fellow Maplers?

I would say to just have fun and not to let others discourage you from what you enjoy. You don’t have to be high level or be strong to enjoy the game. There are many different classes with unique play styles that may fit your own personal playstyle, as someone who originally went from playing a Night Lord to an Aran to a Dark Knight to a Demon Slayer to a Luminous and then finally stopping at Pathfinder. Given that my Pathfinder is my first ever character that I’ve gotten to Lv. 250 it really does say something about how the playstyle does impact enjoyability. I know I'm nowhere near the new level cap, but I still think of it as an achievement nevertheless. So just have fun and keep on Mapling!

[​IMG]

View on the Official Site