What's Your MapleStory? - Perceive

Discussion in 'Maple Updates' started by Nexon, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Nexon

Nexon Nexon News Bot

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

MapleStory is a constantly evolving game, full of heroes, villains, and everything in between. But none of them are as important to us as you, our players who make Maple World what it is! The history of MapleStory is a long and winding one, but now we'd like to turn the attention to you, and hear more about your own journeys that you've taken as MapleStory has grown over the years. The question we'd like to ask you all is: What's Your MapleStory? If you'd like to submit your story, you can do so via this form.

For today's edition of What's Your MapleStory, we spoke to Perceive, who shares the time with their guildmates!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    When did you start playing MapleStory?

I discovered MapleStory back in 2008, when I received my first laptop from my parents, not sure how I discovered the game but it was the only game that was able to run smoothly. Playing MapleStory gave me two important things as an adult, permanent dark circles and great social skills. I used to secretly stay up late during school nights to play with my American friends, it was so nice to meet new people from around the world who had the same interest as you. I played up until 2013 which I then had to quit and focus on University. I graduated, got a job and then COVID hit and I came back in 2021.

Which class do you main and what makes it special for you?

When I first started my class was Bishop. I enjoyed the idea of not purchasing potions and being able to heal other people. But when Luminous came out, I was all hyped for it! I love the whole concept of light and dark, good and evil, right and wrong. Luminous is not about which side is stronger, it's about having a balance between both to bring out your truest potential (yeah equilibrium!).

[​IMG]

What is your favorite memory while playing MapleStory?

My fondest memory of the game back then was the ships, taking ships to travel across the Islands. If you were playing MapleStory back then and took the ships, you would have developed a lot of patience now because it took around 10-15 minutes to travel across the Islands. What made it memorable for me is being able to meet all these different Maplers and just have conversations with them. My favorite ship was the Ludibrium ship because I could have a peaceful journey without worrying about a Balrog appearing in my face. When I first played MapleStory, I didn’t know Orbis ship had a cabin you could hide in, so I would always pray before I hop on the Orbis ship that a Balrog would not appear. I wonder what happened to the really gigantic bluebird that took us from Orbis to Leafre. Is it still out there in the Maple World? I hope it’s flying free.

Another fond memory that I would always look back on is 2011 when I joined a guild. A lot of us were from the same city, so we all ended up meeting each other in real life! It was something I never thought I’d do especially be such a shy kid. But because of this guild and the people I met, they really helped me develop my social skills and be a more confident person. And to this day, I still talk to some of these members and catch up with them. This year, I joined a new guild and have met so many great people; they have really helped me through unprecedented times.

Any advice to our fellow Maplers?

I guess this is a good segue into providing my advice to other fellow Maplers. Please join a guild! I can’t recommend anything more than to join a guild. Being in one will most definitely make the game a little easier and more enjoyable. When you join a guild, you will meet so many more new friends to help your journey and progress. You will meet people who enjoy doing different things on the game; whether you play for the bossing, fashion-story, afk-story, I can guarantee there will also be someone else in the guild playing for the exact same reason. It could take you a few guilds to be able to find the right one but along the way, you’ll grow as a person to create new memories and find your own story.

Merry Christmas to my fellow Maplers, I hope you celebrate it well and that 2022 brings you more luck and laughter. I look forward to crossing paths with you in-game and maybe someday in person!

[​IMG]

View on the Official Site