What's Your MapleStory? - Snails

Discussion in 'Maple Updates' started by Nexon, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Nexon

Nexon Nexon News Bot

Best Answers:
    MapleStory is a constantly evolving game, full of heroes, villains, and everything in between. But none of them are as important to us as you, our players who make Maple World what it is! The history of MapleStory is a long and winding one, but now we'd like to turn the attention to you, and hear more about your own journeys that you've taken as MapleStory has grown over the years. The question we'd like to ask you all is: What's Your MapleStory? If you'd like to submit your story, you can do so via this form.

For today's edition of What's Your MapleStory, we spoke to Snails, who shares about their years of MapleStory adventure as a Beginner~

[​IMG]

How were you first introduced to MapleStory?

Well, I've been playing MapleStory since around 2005. I was still a kid at that point and my neighbor helped me sign up for the game. I was addicted instantly, loving every second of exploring with my friends, making cool characters in the Cash Shop, and trying to outdo my friends damage-wise. A few kids at my school also played at the time and so it made it easy for us to group up and play together. When I first started, I played Mage, which later became the Ice/Lightning Mage, but shortly after, I left my character to create a Beginner.

What is your favorite class in MapleStory?

My favorite class is actually not a class at all, it's a Beginner. I've had my character "Snails" for as long as I can remember and I've continued playing it to this day. What really sold playing Beginner for me was the community around it and how cool most of the other Beginner players were back then. Beginner was so awesome to me because they could wear such a wide variety of weapons and equips and still have decent damage instead of relying on just 2 stats. You could make it full HP, STR, DEX, STR/DEX mix, LUK (with magic mittens) and really any other combination you can think of. Early in the game history, the equips were so unique, cool, and viable for all classes so it was pretty easy to find a good starter weapon and get going.

[​IMG]

What is your favorite memory in MapleStory?

My favorite memory would have to be getting to Lv. 50 on a Beginner for the first time. I remember that Pirates were just coming out and my friend and I were trying to race our main Beginners to Lv. 50 before they came out. Neither of us made it (LOL) but after a while, I was finally able to achieve it. I felt like I had hit a HUGE milestone and it gave me this AWESOME feeling of accomplishment to hit such an impressive level at that time.

Honestly, the reason I love MapleStory as much as I do is probably because of how comfortable it makes me. When you've been familiar with something for almost your entire life, it leaves a huge impact on you and creates this old feeling of innocence and nostalgia every time you think about it. I've played other games and enjoyed them but I always seem to come back to MapleStory. I plan on staying as long as I can and enjoying the friends and new content as it comes.

[​IMG]

View on the Official Site