What's Your MapleStory? - Softiesnow

Discussion in 'Maple Updates' started by Nexon, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Nexon

Nexon Nexon News Bot

Best Answers:
    MapleStory is a constantly evolving game, full of heroes, villains, and everything in between. But none of them are as important to us as you, our players who make Maple World what it is! The history of MapleStory is a long and winding one, but now we'd like to turn the attention to you, and hear more about your own journeys that you've taken as MapleStory has grown over the years. The question we'd like to ask you all is: What's Your MapleStory? If you'd like to submit your story, you can do so via this form.

For today's edition of What's Your MapleStory, we spoke to Softiesnow, a dedicated player who cherishes the friendship made playing MapleStory ~

[​IMG]

How did you first start playing MapleStory?

I actually started playing MapleStory when I was about 9 years old. I was young and pretty inexperienced with videogames, so I actually only played a little before I forgot about my old Nexon account. When some long-time friends asked me if I remembered the game and wanted to play again, I returned more ready to play than ever on a new account. I now play MapleStory again a ton at 20 years old with one of my closest friends ever, dragoncharms, a loving Evan.

[​IMG]

What is your favorite class and why?

Luminous is my favorite class, not because of the gameplay, but because of Luminous as a character. I'm strongly attached to him and the other five Heroes of Maple because of my five friends. We all ironically fit the mold of each of them, and Luminous has been important to me ever since. Even though not all of us are in touch anymore, I continue to think about my friends who I still consider as my fellow Heroes of Maple.

We all related to each of the heroes' struggles after their duel with the Black Mage. Much like Luminous' battle with himself over dark and light, there were many internal struggles I faced that I could see in his own...

[​IMG]

What is your strongest memory in MapleStory?

My strongest memory of playing MapleStory is gathering together with my friends, dragoncharms and frostylameo, to voice chat a few nights after my classes just to play theme dungeons, fight Horntail, and even do MapleStory's oldest jump quests. This ended in us screaming and laughing in our frustrations. Both of them are long-time friends of mine, so being able to play a game again of my childhood with such close people really set some nostalgia in me. We weren't grinding or leveling up seriously, just having fun as friends messing around in the Maple World, and that stuck with me the most. Whenever any of us were down, we would always play MapleStory together. It seemed like the stress of the day faded by sitting in chairs and talking about how much we love Lotus or Magnus.

How has MapleStory changed since you played it when you were younger?

MapleStory has obviously changed in a technical aspect, with the UI and HUDs updating over time. I'm happy, however, to see the maps have withstood the test of time, and still look beautiful as always! I'd have to say what I've mostly seen change is the community, and how well the stories of each character have been crafted with the evolving art style. (Monad was so beautifully done! I loved the music as well.) The community can chalk up to how most of us are now ancient and in our university or working years but still return to this nostalgic little game. There are newer players, which changed what the community gear towards, such as those who don't use the crafting systems or the traits system like us... But I think most of us are just like me, old and still kicking. I'm glad not much has changed aesthetically, and I'm glad the art style and overall scenic choices of new dungeons continue to stay true to the old style, yet bringing in fresh art. I think that's the best part of MapleStory. Not becoming something MapleStory isn't, but growing its world all the same.

I don't think I'll leave MapleStory any time soon, be it playing with my friends or my attachment to Luminous, even if I stop playing one day, I'll still have my drawings and screenshots to look back on and remember when I screamed at the Level 27 Jump quest in Ellinia.

[​IMG]

View on the Official Site